Our innovative blood operations and manufacturing practices establish NYBC as a Center of Excellence in blood product and service delivery. We supply traditional and highly unique blood products.
products available for clinical and research use
- Whole Blood - We collect whole blood, which can be used as is or after made into blood components, red blood cells, platelets, and plasma.
- Red Blood Cells - Red blood cells are used to treat anemia. All of our products are leukoreduced. These products can be modified to meet your needs, such as irradiation or washing. Also we have CMV (cytomegalovirus) antibody negative, and precisely red cell antigen typed products.
- Platelets - Platelets are used to treat thrombocytopenia or other platelet disorders. All of our products are leukoreduced. These products can be modified to meet your needs, such as irradiation or washing. Also we have CMV antibody negative, and precisely HLA (human leukocyte antigen) or HPA (human platelet antigen) typed products.
- Plasma - Plasma is used to treat or prevent bleeding due to coagulation factor loss.
- Granulocytes- Granulocytes are used to treat infections in neutropenic patients.
- Modification of products (irradiation, washing, etc.) - These products can be modified to meet your patient needs. More information.
SPECIALIZED APHERESIS COLLECTIONS for research or clinical use products
- Collection from specially selected donors
- Apheresis Plasma
- Mononuclear cells collected by apheresis for use in cellular therapy or other therapies or for research
- Hematopoietic progenitor cells collected by apheresis
Leukocytes (Buffy Coats) – Leukocytes, or Leukopaks, are buffy coats from whole blood to be used for research.
Platelet Lysate – Platelet lysate is made from a pool of expired apheresis platelet products and used to culture cells, providing an animal-free media. Our product has appropriate release testing, including bacterial culture, endotoxin, and mesenchymal stem cell doubling times.
- Other blood or stem cell products available upon request