Shibo Jiang, MD, PhD
Head, Laboratory of Viral Immunology
Member, Lindsley F. Kimball Research Institute
The research focus of the Laboratory of Viral Immunology is on the development of antiviral therapeutic agents and vaccines for the treatment and prevention of HIV infection/AIDS and other emerging and remerging infectious diseases caused by severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus (SARS-CoV), Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV), and influenza viruses, as well as the blood transfusion-related viruses, including zika virus (ZIKV) and West Nile virus (WNV).
Dr. Shibo Jiang is a pioneer in the field of viral fusion/entry inhibitors. His research focuses on development of therapeutics/vaccines against HIV, SARS-CoV, MERS-CoV, and avian influenza viruses. He has published 311 peer-reviewed papers, awarded 18 US patents, and served as editorial board members for 8 journals.
- Lanying Du, PhD, Laboratory Co-Head
- Wanbo Tai, MSc, Visiting Scientist, PhD Student
- Shan Su, MD, Visiting Scientist, PhD Student
- Ron Rowe, BS, Lab Assistant
- NIH U01 AI124260 Lustigman/Jiang (co-PIs) 08/2016 – 07/2021 “Enhancing Potency of the MERS Vaccine by a Novel ASP-1+Alum Adjuvant Combination”